Many children with Autism could benefit greatly from services and programs that can incur significant financial expense for the average family. Thanks to the generous support of donors Alexis Miranda Foundation (AMF) has the pleasure of providing financial assistance for families WHO LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND and need a little help paying for these services. AMF also helps providers based in GHANA. To apply for this program, please complete the online application and be sure to send in the required supporting documents. Applications cannot be considered until all required paperwork is received.
Please do not apply if your family income exceeds these guidelines:
Grant amounts for families:
Grants will range from $50.00 – $500.00
Grant amounts for providers:
Grants will range from $100 – $4000.00
What you can ask for:
You may apply to use the money for anything that directly improves the life of a child with Autism or related diagnosis.
Examples of possible uses of grant money:
|Adapted Bicycle||Occupational therapy|
|Adaptive swimming lessons||Physical therapy|
|Appropriate clothing||Puzzles and Games|
|Art classes||Respite Care|
|Books and videos||Sensory Integration training|
|Camp Tuition/Aide’s Salary||Skiing( Adaptive)|
|Cooking||Social skills training|
|Computer Software / Apps||Speech therapy|
|Educational conference fees||Sports equipment|
|Educational evaluation||Therapeutic skating lessons|
|Horseback-riding lessons||Video games|
|Membership to the YMCA||Vision services|
|Music therapy classes/instruments|
To be considered for funds, please supply the necessary paperwork listed below. Feel free to explain any unusual or special circumstances regarding your need that may not be evident by completing the application.
a. Complete the application (click here).
b. Documentation of family income.
– If you are required to file a tax return, please supply the first page of your most current completed tax return.
– If you are not required to file a tax return, please supply alternative documentation, such as unemployment income, SSI, or transitional assistance.
c. Documentation of diagnosis
– IEP- Student Strengths and Key Evaluation Results Summary page or Neuropsychological testing report summary page.
– Documentation must be within the last 5 years.
When all the paperwork is received, it will be reviewed by the AMF Family Grants Administrator.
– If funds are available, the Family Grants Administrator will notify approved applicants and the AMF Controller will issue a check to the family or to the service provider indicated on the application.
– If applicant wants to change the use of funds after acceptance, approval by the AMF Grants Administrator is necessary.
– If an application is rejected, the applicant will receive notification of the reason for the rejection. In that case, families should feel free to reapply if their circumstances change.
Proof of service or purchase of goods
Families receiving money must send receipts or other proof of purchase for the agreed upon goods or services to AMF. This grant will be audited by a CPA and we must have proper documentation!!!
Please feel free to call the AMF Grants Administrator at 401 440 7734 if you have any questions regarding the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.